HOW TO USE THE OBSERVATORY: SEARCH AND DISPLAY DATA
- To access the Observatory enter the web site: http://www.up-running-observatory.eu/en/ (home screen of Observatory, see Fig.1).Figure 1.Home page of the Observatory Tool. Source: http://www.up-running-observatory.eu/en/
- Enter search criteria. Click on what kind of APPR “experience” you want the Observatory to display.
- You have the option to select or deselect all options. When all tick boxes are selected/ deselected, all type of data will be displayed.
- Enter on which country you want to see the APPR “experiences”. Choose the country you are interested in from the country list. Alternatively you can pick all countries to display results from all countries.
- Tick to display APPR experiences coming from the chosen crop species.
- Alternatively, you can select or deselect all species to display “APPR” experiences from all kind of crop species.
- Click “Search” button to display “APPR” data points based on the abovementioned criteria.
- After pressing the search button, all the data points of APPR “experiences”, that match your search criteria, will be displayed on the map.
- The legend determines the type of information that is provided on each data point.
- When you click on a data point, a bubble text appears with the most important information of the “APPR” experience (see Fig.2).Figure 2.Bubble text of Data points on the Observatory Tool. Source: http://www.up-running-observatory.eu/en/
- Click on “more details” button to have a pop up window appeared with all the information of the chosen data point.
- Click on “view pdf” to download the whole information of the data point on pdf format.
- Search results appear as well as a list with the main characteristics of the data point. The list includes also the abovementioned buttons “more details” () or “view pdf” () .
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE DATA TO THE OBSERVATORY
If you want to contribute data to the uP_running Observatory, e.g. a new field measurement of APPR biomass potential, a new collection experience or a new value chain, you can follow the following steps.
- Click on the “Useful documents” tab of the Observatory webpage.
- Download the template related to the type of APPR “experience” information you wish to provide to the Observatory e.g. pruning, plantation removal, mechanized collection, value chains. The templates are fully translated in the eight project languages.
- Fill-in the templates. Most questions can be answered by ticking the appropriate boxes or by providing simple numerical values.
- If you intend to perform a field measurement on APPR biomass productivity, check the appropriate Manual. It provides clear instructions on how to perform such measurements, what tools should be used, how to avoid errors during measurements, templates for recording weight measurements, etc.
- Send the completed questionnaires via email to the corresponding national contact person of your country